When conducting online transactions, you are also responsible to play an equally important role in safeguarding your personal account information and transactions.
What you should always do
- Do not use easily accessible personal information such as telephone number, date of birth or any personal associated numbers in your password.
- Use strong password that is difficult to guess and use a different password to the one you use for other services. Change it regularly and avoid recycling the same password.
Keep the password safety
- Do not write down your password in computers, mobile phones or placed in plain sight. And do not reveal login ID and password of your online account to anyone else (including our staff).
Avoid using the hyperlink
- Type the website address (URL) or use a bookmark to enter the website. Do not access the website through the hyperlink embedded in e-mails, internet search engine and suspicious pop-up window.
Using online trading at safety place
- Do not use public computer (e.g. computers at internet cafes or game rooms) or public Wi-Fi to access Internet Trading Services.
Always log out system
- Never leave your online trading session unattended. Exit the online services upon completion of trading transactions and terminate the browser properly.
Check transaction history details regularly
- If you suspect any unauthorized use or abnormal transactions related to your trading account, you should contact us immediately by calling our Hotline at (852) 2526 1285 request for suspension of related transactions.
Protect your computer
Get the latest security updates and patches
- Use the latest versions of operating system and internet browser. Keep software up-to-date.
Protect your computer from Virus and Trojans
- Install and always activate personal firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software and update its version regularly. They protect your computer to prevent hackers attack and virus invasion.
Never install software from unknown sources
- Do not install suspicious software from unknown sources on the internet.
Never open email from unknown sources
- Do not open email attachment from an unknown source; or click hyperlinks in suspicious email.